Adapting for Change: Country Strategy Approach in Fragile Contexts
Webinar: The findings of “Adapting for Change: Country Strategy Approach in Fragile Contexts” will be presented in a webinar on 7 May 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
This evaluation, conducted March 2019 to February 2020, asked three main questions:
- To what extent has the Country Strategy approach promoted Finnish and partner country policy objectives and guided Finland’s cooperation in fragile contexts?
- To what extent does the Country Strategy approach support policy coherence?
- How can the Country Strategy approach be further developed for use in fragile situations?
The study drew evidence from the experience of Country Strategies in Afghanistan, Myanmar, the Occupied Palestinian Territory, Somalia and Syria/Iraq, as well as from across MFA corporate systems. Its findings will be presented in a webinar on Thursday 7th of May 2020 at 10:00 – 12:00 (Helsinki time, UTC +3 EEST, Eastern European Summer Time) Testing of connection will take place between 9:00 – 10:00 am.
The results of the evaluation will be presented by the Team Leader, Dr. Julia Betts and her team will also be available for questions on individual country cases.
Also present will be:
- Representatives of MFA, to comment on and respond to the findings of the evaluation, and Finland’s work in fragile situations, and;
- Representatives of g7+ (http://g7plus.org ) – a voluntary association of countries that are or have been affected by conflict and are now in transition to the next stage of development, to brief the participants on how the fragile states themselves see the role of their bilateral and multilateral partners and what are the related possibilities, best practices and challenges.
We hope you will be able to join us to discuss the findings, conclusions and recommendations. Please register by 27 April 2020 to receive by a link to the webinar with detailed instructions on how to join.
- Ajankohta: 7.5.2020 10:00-12:00
- Paikka: Teams Webinar